People can often face delinquency while repaying their auto loans, and start panicking when they do. It is recommended to deal with the missed payment and correct the situation before availing your auto loans for bad credit. Missed payments can make it difficult to avail auto loans for people with bad credit.
Individuals are forced to avail poor credit car loans when their credit status is not up to the mark due to various reasons – the primary reason being not complying with the terms and conditions of existing loans and credit facilities. it is important to know that if one engages with a debt relief program, or files for bankruptcy, the credit scores will indicate the fact for as long as ten years. People can miss out on the monthly payments, and when that happens, the worst thing a person can do is “Do Nothing”. Ignoring the monthly payments would not solve the issue and worsen an already bad financial situation.
Delinquency can lead to:
* Big monthly late payment charges
* An increase in the rate of interest while availing credit facilities in the future
* The creditor sending the late or missed payment report to the credit bureau, which lowers the credit scores
* The creditor losing the borrower is confidence, which could result into litigations and lawsuits
It is important not to panic if you have missed out on your monthly payment. The following suggestions may help you deal with your missed payment situation:
* Call your car loan company offering auto loans with bad credit, and explain the financial hardship that has resulted into the default. Explain what is happened is a “One time happening” and it would not be repeated in the future, but it is difficult to pay right now, and you need some more time to redeem.
* In case your loan provider would not allow you the “extra” time to repay, you could get in touch with your employer and ask for a cash advance against the monthly salary. Employers generally help out their employees, especially if they have been working for some time.
* Alternately; one can also borrow partial amounts of the missed payment from friends and relatives, and pay off the creditor. People don’t usually hesitate lending out small amounts of money, but are wary when approached for a bigger amount in the form of a “monthly” loan.
* Check out if you have a couple of other bills whose payment can be delayed for some time. If that is possible, adjust the bill amount in paying off the missed payment, and the next month compensate by topping up the bill amount.
Refinancing your Existing Car Loan or Lease
The existing financial crisis can make it difficult for people to repay their bad credit auto loan monthly installments, and when faced with delinquency, individuals often feel if the monthly amounts are low and affordable, it is easier to make regular payments. One way of making this possible is by refinancing your existing car loan. One can refinance an existing mortgage loan, and refinancing an auto loan is not much different since the basics remain the same – the loan amount needs to be secured by some guarantee or collateral. In case of auto refinance, the car acts as a collateral. However it is important to have the exact depreciation suffered by the car and up to what amount the creditors evaluate the car. Availing an auto refinance can make loan repayment very easy, since the net payable rate of interest gets reduced, and the installment amount too is reduced to suit the borrower is monthly income or paycheck.
Buying a Cheaper or a Used Car
There is another way of dealing with the situation if you feel you are likely to be delinquent, and it is not avoidable. New car loans involve larger monthly repayment amounts. If your car is current monthly installments are high, it is possible to sell of your car and buy a cheaper one, or even go in for a used car. In many ways it makes sense to sell the car, since it can help you to either repay the bulk of the total auto loan amount and thereby decrease your total outstanding amount, or else the person buying your car ends up redeeming the car loan. A good car loan lender can help you with this.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
It is advised not to panic if you are faced with delinquency. Many lenders provide auto loans for people with bad credit which can help you out of the situation, or alternately you may need to find a special car loan lender that do offer a auto loan finance for bad credit history. The article tries to give some suggestion to help the debtor deal more effectively with delinquency related problems.